with fresh milled and flaked organic oats
A lovely fall twist on our classic cookie.
Grain for home milling
- 85 g (3 oz) organic oat groats, milled fine
- 255 g (9 oz) organic oat groats, flaked
Weigh out your oats, mill about 25% at finest setting and flake the rest with an oat flaker
Other dry mix ingredients
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- 3 tbsp organic Sucanat®
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
Not home milling?
Use our dry mix.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick (½ cup) butter, melted
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup roasted pumpkin (or squash)
- 1/2 cup roasted pumpkin seeds (shelled)
- Preheat oven to 350°F, lightly grease cookie sheets
- Dry mix: combine your fresh milled flour with other dry ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside (Or use 1 bag of our fresh stone-ground All Oatmeal Cookie Mix)
- Wet mix: in a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, add remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth
- Other ingredients: prepare and combine with wet mix in the large bowl
- Final batter: combine dry and wet mixes, folding gently until no dry spots remain. Do not over mix. Do NOT beat smooth.
- Let stand for 30 to 60 minnutes so the oats can absorb the liquid.
- Spoon out 12 to a sheet
- Bake 12-14 minutes, or until nicely browned top and bottom.
- Remove from oven and after 5-10 miinutes remove to cooling rack
- Store in cookie jar or freezer; NOT in the fridge or in any air-tight container
Makes 24-36 cookies
Increasing both butter and sugar by 25%-50% will make a richer, crisper, and of course sweeter variation.