with fresh milled organic Spelt, Kamut & Oats
A rich, light and delicious twist on our ancient grain pancakes, makes a lovely treat for a Sunday brunch.
Grain for home milling
- 285 g (10 oz) organic spelt kernels
- 85 g (3 oz) organic Kamut® kernels
- 85 g (3 oz) organic oat groats
Weigh out grains and mix together evenly
Mill at finest setting
Other dry mix ingredients
- 1 tbsp organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder (non-GMO)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
Not home milling?
Use our dry mix.
- 4 tbsp organic sugar
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 2 cups fresh Ricotta cheese
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 lemons, juice and zest
- 2 pints fresh raspberries
- Preheat griddle or heavy frying pan to medium
- Dry mix: combine your fresh milled flour with other dry ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside (Or use 1 bag of our fresh stone-ground Ancient Grain Pancake Mix)
- Separate and whisk egg whites until firm and fluffy
- Wet mix: in a large mixing bowl, mix the egg yolks with remaining ingredients and whisk smooth
- Combine dry and wet mixes, folding gently until no dry spots remain. Do not over mix. Do NOT beat smooth.
- Gently fold in whipped egg whites
- To cook: laddle on to greased pan, spreading gently before pancake sets (use a circular motion). Flip when golden, remove when JUST firm. Do not overcook or pancakes will be tough.
- serve on warm plates, with raspberries topped with maple syrup, yogurt, or, for an extra-special treat, this easy homemade lemon curd (recipe here)
Serves 6 to 8